NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Friday, December 11, 2015

An old lace curtain - refashioned!

Lace is sometimes expensive to buy.  But old lace curtains are a dime a dozen at thrift stores!  Here's the one I started with.

Cute, right? But those little teapots just weren't working for my decor.  So I carefully cut out some of the flowers and hand basted them onto these leggings:

And then I decided to embellish this top too:

These two pieces were part of a mini wardrobe collection I made for my daughter.
Oh, and there was even one more refashion in this mini collection; I "harvested" the zipper from an old purse and used it in this mini Senna Tote I made for her!

You can see all the pieces I made for this mini wardrobe collection in this blog post.  Come see us over at Skirt Fixation.

2 comments:

Chickie Walsh said...

I really like this. I find a lot of decorating fabrics look great as fashions too.

Andrea said...

I have similar lace (minus the teapots) that I've been hoarding and wondering what I should use it for...I love these ideas as simply adding embellishments! And the bag is so pretty - great fabric choices and reuse of the zip!

Andrea EOD