NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Live Long And Prosper

Hello Refashion Co-op. It's Chickie here after a Thanksgiving weekend of  rest. My project today is fun, silly and warm. 


I started with a plain, zip front hoodie. It is the perfect blank canvas.


You remember this guy I'm sure. Spock from Star Trek. My older brother made me watch this show.


I had my hubby sketch a hand on the front of this sweatshirt and I painted over it with acrylic paint. I put newspaper inside the shirt to keep paint from soaking through. The zipper needs to be between the two middle fingers. When you unzip, the hand will look like Spock's.


I wore this to recover from Thanksgiving. It worked. I recovered.


Thank you for reading, now go make yourself something fabulous. For more details go to I can Work With That

7 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Nice yet veeery daring!

In my circle of friends I could not possibly wear this since I'd get 'replacement-offers' (for 'The Hand') by the bucket load :-D !!!

LG, Gerlinde
... and no, no 'red necks' - mostly 'white collars' = still: mind your peers (as we even tend to recommend to our kids ? ;-) :-D
Btw.: would your husband hire out his drawing skills occasionally, please ?

Bailey Mills said...

I love it! :) My inner nerd is doing a happy dance for you.

Chickie Walsh said...

Creepy people are everywhere. It is a bummer.

Chickie Walsh said...

This brought out all kinds of sci-fi nerd in me too.

Samwise J. said...

This is so clever... I can't even explain how much I love this. You, madam, are a genius.

Chickie Walsh said...

Haha, thanks. I see things on Pinterest and Facebook and feel compelled to try it myself.

cfortin said...

Love this! Very well done and oh so clever!

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab