Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Matched set to bralette

I've been seeing bralettes around everywhere this past year, so when faced with a bra that was just too bold to stay behind the scenes, and a fortuitously matching pair of panties, I decided to try and make my own.

I forgot to take many pictures of the process, but it basically involved cutting the top edge of the panties into a strip, attaching said strip upside-down to the bottom of the bra, and sewing a seam into the back.

The original bra can still be clasped and unclasped, but it's stretchy enough that it's easier to just pull it on.

I haven't figured out where or how or when (if ever) I could possibly wear a skimpy, almost-neon yellow lace crop top, but here it is, just in case!

Before


After

2 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Bravo/good on you!
In the meantime I've sourced several nice, colourful and rather unusual 'lace bits and pieces' from underwear or the like, since more readily available.
Originally it started out that some lace-knickers of mine coincidentally turned out to have the perfect match of colour to a skirt - which now has occasional 'lace-braces/straps' to be worn as high/low dress as well ;-) !

LG, Gerlinde


A yeah, another 'hot find' of 'used-quite-different-than-original-item' for 'lightweight but bulky filling' - especially for shoulders or 'balloon-pant-legs': those rolls for doing a hair-roll-up

cfort82 said...

That turned out great. I would never have thought of doing that but it looks really cute.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab