Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Painted Shoes

Hello Refashion Co-op. I have another shoe project today. I have been fixing all the problem shoes in my house, lately. I took care of these shoes and they aren't even mine. They are my daughter's. She loved them and wore them a lot around campus and the off-white color got really dirty.

They were still sturdy and comfortable so I came up with a fix. I knew I could paint fabric and these are just heavy cotton, so why not paint them. I found some acrylic paint in a matching color and sponged it on.

She liked how they turned out. They got a bit stiff when the paint dried but they relaxed with a few minutes of walking around the house.

Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.
For more pictures and details go to, I Can Work With That


jennifer elliott said...

I love saving comfortable shoes. Nice job.

Jennifer, EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Jennifer. My daughter was happy too.