NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Red Shoes

Hello Refashion Co-op. I have been trying to "fix" some of my shoes recently. I think my feet may have changed size and shape when I had my baby. Or the shoes changed size and shape..... Anyway, my project today is a pair cheerful red shoes that slide off too easily when I am walking.


My plan to fix this problem is to attach a strap around my ankle. I hunted the fabric and craft stores and found this super soft deerskin cord. It was in the beading section. The color was perfect and it was pretty cheap. I simply hot glued it on the bottom, up against the heel.


The straps wrap up and around the back of my ankles. I glued it well and wore them around the house to see if the glue would hold. It did! 


I have gone out in public and they are more comfortable and the glue is holding well. I like how the ankle straps look too.

Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.
For more pictures and information go to, I Can Work With That.

6 comments:

Melissa Lin said...

Amazing how a small detail can completely change the look. Great job!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Melissa. It's always fun to change things up.

Queen Of Rods said...

That idea is brilliant! I have a pair of shoes with the same issue. I'm going to try your technique. Thanks for sharing :)

cfortin said...

I really like how the ankle strap looks. Glad they are fitting you better.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks, I hope yours turn out great too.

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Cindy!