NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, January 23, 2016

A jumpsuit refashioned into a blouse

It's a very nice jumpsuit, but not for me!


 So I refashioned it into a blouse, inspired by one of the many necklines I had seen in the film Brooklyn.


 And finally managed to match these vintage buttons to a fabric that they really sat well with.



At the same time I was also experimenting with sleeve shapes, although this one was far too splayed out in its shaping?


 So I manipulated it into becoming a feature, working with the styling of the blouse I was making! For full details have a look at my blog!

5 comments:

Marisa Glied said...

Love your new shirt! It's beautiful!

-TheRefashStash

Linda Wilson said...

Thank you!

Carissa said...

So cute! I can't believe how perfect those buttons are for that fabric!

-Carissa
EOD

Linda Wilson said...

The buttons, when I found them in the favourites tin, I was so pleased!!

barnsnoblsaddict said...

Sew impressive! Very classic and vintage looking shirt!