NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, January 11, 2016

A sleeveless blouse with a self fabric belt from 2 playsuits

This is one of those finds that I really enjoy, I had admired the print on this playsuit but knew I would never wear it! Forgotten about.





But during a visit to Glasgow I found it, reduced to £1 on a sale rail. I was thinking there may not be enough fabric in just 1 of them to make anything!? So luckily there were 2 for me to buy. 



The challenge of this refashion was figuring out the cutting layout for the pattern pieces? It was just like a big puzzle. For a look at how I did this, have a look here!



If I had been fortunate enough to have found the playsuit in my own size I would simply have removed the shorts part and resewn the bottom band, leaving the top part as a wrapover top.


5 comments:

Catherine1216 said...

This is lovely.

Minnado said...

The blouse looks lovely and a great fabric choice

Debbie EOD

Linda Wilson said...

Thank you. I do like my prints. The pattern is a good one and it's given me lots of scope for hacking...

vintagevogue said...

I like the tailored look. Very nice and neatly done.

Marisa Glied said...

Super cute!!! What an amazing job!

-TheRefashStash