NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, January 18, 2016

Denim and Lace

A couple years ago, I bleached a dated, striped denim jacket to create a fresh, white jacket. Sadly, and not surprisingly, I think the bleach probably weakened the fabric, and one fateful day, rrriiiiiippp went the side panel when I raised my arm. Not to worry! I've got a too-tight lace tee that'll fill in that hole nicely.

Lace Panel Denim Jacket - BeforeLace Panel Denim Jacket - Before

I snipped the damaged panel from the jacket and the same panel from the other side, leaving a bit of fabric around the edges that will fray nicely over time. Then I used the intact panel as a template to cut two symmetric pieces of lace. I stitched each lace piece to the inside of the jacket holes.

Lace Panel Denim Jacket - After

And just like that, my torn jacket was good as new! Better even!

Lace Panel Denim Jacket - After

For more details and photos, visit me over at CarissaKnits!

Lace Panel Denim Jacket - Before & After

6 comments:

Lillian Ortiz said...

WOW! totally awesome reconstruction!!! :D haha built in ventilation system?! :P It looks great!

Anielska Aniela said...

You smart girl ! I love your idea

Refashion said...

What a clever idea - thejacket looks greata

Debbie EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Nice save! It's beautiful!

-TheRefashStash

Kathy W. said...

LOVE it!

barnsnoblsaddict said...

Sew very innovative!