Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Distressing Denim

Hello Refashion Co-op. I have been wanting a pair of distressed, beat-up jeans for a while. I made a pair from these boot cut Levi's I found at a clothes swap.

This is where I started. They needed to be cut down to size.

I used some household tools to make holes, rip and generally rough them up. (My hubby was very confused about what I was doing during this process.)

I love them! I should have made these ages ago. I wear them everywhere.

New Year's Eve at a friend's house.  And hanging out at my house too.

Here are the rips and tears a little closer and easier to see.

If you would like more details or want to see more pictures, go to I Can Work With That. Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.


Kathy W. said...

THis is so crazy! I have these jeans that I just love but they're too big and too long. I buy them big so that they'll be comfortable. Only they're so big that I look like a homeless person.

I'm TOTALLY going to cut them down so that they fit the way i like.

THANKS for the inspiration!

Chickie Walsh said...

Go for it Kathy! I find my jeans seem to stretch out through the day so they get looser and looser. That may add to the "too big" look. Post pics when you are done. 😄

cfortin said...

Great refashion!

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Cindy.