Thursday, January 28, 2016

A New Paganoonoo Design upcycled from men's dress shirts


My favorite version of the Paganoonoo Cindy Blouse pattern so far is this dark grey and white beauty. I scour the thrift stores for large and/or broad stripes and when I spotted this one I knew it was a winner. It's a poly/cotton blend, as is the white one.  Both have a nice hand yet do not hold on to wrinkles. I used some of what I learned in my fashion class, Principles of Design, to create the shape in white.  It mimics a mock hourglass silhouette echoing bust, waist, hips on the left side of the blouse.  It's impossible to look at the blouse without focusing on this shape. Besides creating a pleasing design, it also breaks up the width the blouse, giving the impression of slimness.                    Happy Thrifting and Happy Upcycling!






 

2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

The shirt looks really sharp. Love it.

Jennifer, EOD

P.S. Don't forget to add titles to your posts. Thanks!

TheRefashStash said...

Nice!

-TheRefashStash