Friday, January 15, 2016

Red dress now long, sleeveless jacket?

I honestly don't know what to call this garment. It might be more of a restyle than a refashion...I'm wearing a dress like a super long vest. Here's the dreadful before shot:
It was a long gown that buttoned down the center and is made of material like one would find on an 80s blazer. It was not kind on the hip area.
I did a few tweaks but as usual, nothing major. I considered some kind of piping around the faux pockets. Then I was like, "Nah. I'll use a black fabric marker." Here's the "after":
I'm pretty pleased with it, but it got so cold (especially in my classroom) that I don't think it will be warm enough for work. Now, I have to wait around for an event that calls for a sleeveless, open, business lady jacket.
Feel free to check out my full post on my blog Craft, Thrift, or Die, but we warned that it's a tearjerker!

5 comments:

TheRefashStash said...

That is a good idea! It turned out really cute!

-TheRefashStash

Unknown said...

Nice! That looks awesome!

g.satansbraten said...

Well done!
Concerning your search for 'matching event': please tell me about the address of this hopefully 'online-/catalogue sales option' ;-) ; thanks ahead

LG, Gerlinde

Andrea said...

Great idea, and I like this for everyday! Why do we need an event/occasion to wear our makes ;) Though it may wait until the weather is a bit warmer all around.

Andrea EOD

g.satansbraten said...

@ Andrea

Yes you're right and caught me, since I just wanted to cheer up 'The Club' and Erica.
Waiting for matching events/occasions is mostly not even a wise thing, since right 'THAN' the planned outfit might have, aehem, 'shrunk of our body' and no longer fit despite match.
Hence I've worn a many of so called long and festive evening gowns for my very own and private 'garden parties for two only' (and they did their 'trick' faster and better than waiting through to the 'permitting end' of any event ;-) ) !
After all: since a seamstress' budget usually spent on her outfits - especially those 'recyclers' we're most times - it should at times easier be possible to 'afford' the like and one should be just as willing to enjoy eeevery day (or at least most of them) instead of only 'special ones'. Especially since 'event' days might be good for showing off YET not always be really good 'soul food'.

LG, Gerlinde
with apologies since today (35 Degrees C.) only sitting in 'very casual' in front of the computer: shorts and 'skin only' and thongs instead of heals ;-) .