Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, January 08, 2016

REFASHION: slim pants and a new skirt

As much as I would love to wear sweatpants and tees every day, I kind of like looking presentable and cute. However, my jeans/pants stash is no longer an abundance of choices. What's easier? Fixing a button that popped off a pair of jeans or scoring a cute pair of narrow striped men's pants to refashion? Because I haven't done my research on how to fix a jeans button (I think all I need is a hammer), I chose to refashion the new pants. Yes, my thought process isn't always logical.


While watching the season finale of Survivor, I turned a pair of men's shorts into a cute little skirt. Before the shorts faced the scissors I needed to answer a tough fashion question: Shorts or skirt? I could always use another pair of cute shorts but then I would have to wait until summer to wear them. I really don't need another skirt, but I could wear it all year round. Sometime in the new year I will dig through my closet and toss old clothes into my refashion bin, including refashioned skirts that I hardly wear.


For more details and pictures, please click here.

Jennifer Elliott

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Much better on the pants and skirt!

Andrea EOD