Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, January 25, 2016

Socks, Made From a Sweater

For a while now I've wanted a pair of wool socks, unfortunantly I'm too cheap to pay for them. Finally, after this most recent cold snap and cold toes and idea hit me. I could sew myself some socks out of a wool sweater! So off to the thrift store I went.

I found this soft, thin-ish and stretchy, 100% sweater. It was perfect for what I had in mind, so I brought it home and cut it up. (yes, I forgot to take a pic until after I started cutting, oops, sorry about the missing sleeve)

Less than an hour later I had a very comfy pair of wool knee socks. (My favorite kind)

This wound up being a very easy project, so once these were done I sewed a couple more pairs of socks. To see those and find out about the pattern I used check out my blog post here!

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

Old sweaters have so many uses, and I love the idea of using them for warm socks. Nice refashion.

Jennifer, EOD