Sunday, January 24, 2016

Star Wars Refash

After cleaning up after all the holidays and my last minute trip to florida the husband finally took me to see Star Wars!!!! (I felt like the only one in the world that hadn't seen it yet)

I made a stencil of Darth Vader's chest plate.

I painted the chest piece on a square of black felt.

I sewed the chest piece on a black cami.

I wanted a skirt for my new Darth Vader shirt. (make it more girlie!) I started with this dress.

I separated the bottom of the dress from the top.

I measued my waist and cut a piece of black 2 inch elastic accordingly.

Pinned and sewed the elastic waitband to the bottom of the dress to make a skirt.

Yay! The movie was AMAZING!



We even went out for dinner and drinks afterward! (Good thing I didn't fill up on popcorn)! It was a good date night!

Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

2 comments:

Carissa said...

There are no words for how awesome this dress is. May the Force be with you.

-Carissa
EOD

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you!!!!!!!!! :)