Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Too Much of a Good Thing

After a crazy few weeks of holidays and ice/sleet/snow storms, I'm back with a refashion.

My thrift store shopping habits have changed since I started refashioning. Instead of shopping based on cut and fit, I now shop based on pattern.

A while ago I found this shirt, and I LOVED the colors and the pattern.
Aqua, black & white and zig zags. What's not to love?

After I got it home and tried it on, I realized that it was too much of a good thing. The sleeves, in particular were just too much. And the cuff that gave them some puff made me feel like Jerry Seinfeld in the puffy shirt episode.

I felt like a pirate clown wearing it!
 I took a 3XL knit dress that I had picked up to use as a fabric source. I removed the puffy sleeves from the sweater, used them as a pattern for cutting out the arm hole part of new sleeves, and cut new, longer and slimmer sleeves from the black knit dress.
This dress will probably show up in a few future refashions. There's just that much fabric in it!
Now I have a shirt that I love, love, love. No more pirate clown shirt!
It looks so much better now!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice. The nod to Seinfeld's great :)

jennifer elliott said...

Love the Seinfeld reference. I agree -- the pattern is too busy. I love the replacement of the black sleeves. so much better. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD