I made a couple of amputations to make this decent...
The lining was in good shape so I made that the main body of my new shirt. I'm going to use the sparkly fabric as accent on the yoke/sleeves.
I used a favorite shirt of mine as a template for this. (Some trimming was in order as lining fabric is wider than sequined fabric). I used a serger to clean up the seams and to sew the lining to the sequins.
|Right Sides together, pin and Serge ;)|
I cleaned up the remaining raw edges, adjusted the fit here and there... and voila.
Now my outfit is more appropriate for mom's Birthday, which just-so-happens to be New Year's Eve :)
|Cold shoulder detail|
Happy New Year!
And Happy Refashioning :)
For full tutorial, feel free to see my blog post.