Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, February 13, 2016

50's jacket and my refashioned copy!

I found this jacket at a vintage fair. It fits me really well, which is sheer luck, as anyone who looks round these fairs will know that finding one that fits is a rare occurrence!

I really liked everything, the print, the shaping and particularly the collar shape.

And above is the before and after. So once I'd copied the jacket I managed to squeeze the pattern pieces into the fabric from the trousers, only just!

For a bit on copying the pattern, cutting it from the trouser and a few close-ups, have a look at my blog here.


Andrea said...

Wow, you really just had enough! Great job, and great remake of something you love :)

Andrea EOD

Linda Wilson said...

Really only just enough!! Thank you said...

Amazing, who knew you could get that much fabric out of a pair of trousers?!?