Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Denim Dress From a Men's Shirt

Hello Refashioners. (Is that a word?) How are all of you? I found this 3X shirt at a clothes swap recently. I thought it would be long enough on me to make a little dress. 


I used another dress as a guide, sewed it up and cut off the extra fabric. I shortened the sleeves drastically. This was a lot faster and easier than I thought it would be.


Last, I covered the logo above the pocket with the wide end of a men's tie. My husband got ink on it and couldn't wear it anymore. (Thanks Honey!)


For more pictures and details go to, I Can Work With That.

Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


4 comments:

TheRefashStash said...

Very cute!!!

-TheRefashStash

Unknown said...

I like it. The tie's a nice touch.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks very much ladies. I appreciate the comments.
Happy Sewing.
Chickie

Andrea said...

So cute! Love a good shirt dress, and when its denim, its even better!

Andrea EOD