NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Denim Dress From a Men's Shirt

Hello Refashioners. (Is that a word?) How are all of you? I found this 3X shirt at a clothes swap recently. I thought it would be long enough on me to make a little dress. 


I used another dress as a guide, sewed it up and cut off the extra fabric. I shortened the sleeves drastically. This was a lot faster and easier than I thought it would be.


Last, I covered the logo above the pocket with the wide end of a men's tie. My husband got ink on it and couldn't wear it anymore. (Thanks Honey!)


For more pictures and details go to, I Can Work With That.

Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


4 comments:

Marisa Glied said...

Very cute!!!

-TheRefashStash

Accidental Seamstress said...

I like it. The tie's a nice touch.

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks very much ladies. I appreciate the comments.
Happy Sewing.
Chickie

Andrea said...

So cute! Love a good shirt dress, and when its denim, its even better!

Andrea EOD