Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Embellishing a split double collar

I love the combination of this grey shirt and the white double collar.  There was just one problem, the white collar is much smaller than the grey.  I finished off the back nicely and added buttons in the gap.



The back of the shirt is rather plain so the buttons are a welcome and beautiful focal point.   More about this process here.


 I'll be in Puyallup, WA, USA  for the sewing expo next week.  Hope to meet you in person!  Happy Upcycling! 

Michelle

4 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I love that buttons can make an item more creative.

Jennifer, EOD

P.S. Please don't use hashtag with your username in the label section because the contributor finder (on the left) doesn't recognize the hashtag and won't add this post to your list of projects. Thanks!

g.satansbraten said...

;-) - aaah somebody doing the same I did several years ago and even with an enormous improvement/ease to the story: deco buttons at the back - goooooood on you!!!
Whilst we're talking 'collar' already: dismounting them and setting them a 'tad sidewards' is sometimes pepping up things as well (= probatum est)


LG, Gerlinde

g.satansbraten said...

PS: from a young lady having done 'arty-crafty' here on 'St.Kilda-Sunday-Market' and having been picked as star by a local newspaper, I've seen: 'Lone-collars' (without blouse/shirt attached) as necklaces with sort of fancy miniature toys dangling from the closure-button.
Yet: I realised only a couple of months later on a trip to Italy, that even without the 'toy' and only having the collar separately worn even with the original blouse (= seamed 'shorter'/rounder at the leftover neckline) turned a 'turner'.
I've got a shoulder-shuff from one of the males of friends over there with the 'sighing question' of approximately "You'd better tell me straight away where I can possibly buy one of those for my envious wife, dear!"
Means: get ready, Michelle!

LG, Gerlinde

TheRefashStash said...

Love love love the double collar!!! And the buttons!!!!!

-TheRefashStash