Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Nancy Drew Part 1; A Clutch Purse

Hello Refashion Co-op. My project today was inspired by a box of books given to me by a neighbor. You remember Nancy Drew? She was a very stylish teen detective who solved mysteries for her dad. And she always looked great doing it too.

This copy of the first book in the Nancy Drew series was a little beat up. I decided to give a new use, a clutch purse. I remembered seeing books turned into small purses on Pinterest and wanted to try it. It involved some cutting and a lot of glue. 

It was cute and it was unlike anything I had made before. I love a new project. 

For more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


cfortin said...

I have been wondered about making a purse from a book myself. Looking forward to your other Nancy Drew project. :-)

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Cindy. It was fun but it doesn't hold much. Maybe next time I will try "War and Peace" or something else really long. haha