Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Pat's Dolman

Today's refashion was a gift from my coworker & friend, Pat. She teaches sewing workshop classes at my place of employment (I work full-time at a sewing shop and teach sewing lessons. Did you know that?) :) Anyhoo, she's a real seamstress, making all her own clothes through patterns. Recently, she gifted me this lovely dolman sleeve blouse.


LOVE the print!

Pat didn't care for wingspan/severity of the dolman so she gave it to me. I actually love dolman sleeves, but I decided to just polish it up a bit to fit me better.

I used the shoulder notches as a guide and made a cut all the way down, angling close to original hem for an A-line fit.

Sew the left over raw edges, leaving a gap for the sleeves to be reattached to the arm holes.
I put the newly fitted sleeve back in the arm hole with the Right Sides together and sewed them with a simple straight stitch.


The sleeves are still slightly dolman... just a tighter fit.

I paired it with one of my beanies for a shot outdoors. It's been an easy winter so far *knock on wood
Pat approved :) (She made the awesome shirt she's wearing too).


I do so enjoy picking out my own stuff at the thrift stores... but I like it even better when I'm gifted items for free :) 

Thank you, Pat!

To see my full tutorial (And some of Pat's other awesome makings), check out my original post here.

~Laura



3 comments:

cfort82 said...

Great new top. The fabric is so pretty I am glad you were able to save it.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

Awesome!

TheRefashStash said...

Nice save! Looks great on you!

-TheRefashStash