Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, March 11, 2016

A dress refashioned twice, and how to attach a neck tie

I liked the dress, but I don't wear dresses much and I decided to give it a refashion. I love grey marl knit, and the print on it, for me, made it even prettier!

I also don't like the neckline. so I decided to chop off the hem, reshape the neck and give it a tie.

Finished! And then I didn't like this one either?

So I turned it into a shirt instead. For how to attach a neck tie to a top have a look at my blog, this had been the main purpose of the post! Or have a look to see how I reused the fabric to create my shirt.


Andrea said...

I love, LOVE, this fabric! the floral on gray knit is perfect! So glad you stuck with it until you've made a garment you like and will wear! Such great skill :)

Andrea EOD

Linda Wilson said...

Thanks,I'm pleased with the shirt and I'm wearing it today! The print is lovely.

Gema Ensenat said...

That's beautiful... I loved the 'mid-refashion' too, but your shirt-making skills are amazing, wonderful finish :)