NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, March 19, 2016

A laptop cozy


Okay, so there was this very strange vest I had - just check that weirdly shallow v-neck. It was so weird I couldn't stay still wearing it and considering its destiny. The initial idea was to transform it into a shirt, only it turned out it would be too short. Chopped, it ended up sitting around for a while. 



Finally, I got a new laptop, and I sure wasn't buying a sleeve for it! So I turned to pieces of the old vest. As the vest was weirdly tailored, I had to piece the sleeve from several parts, rather then being able to make it out of a single piece of fabric. But never mind! It fits like a glove!


It fits like a glove!

Warm and cushy inside...
There are still a few pieces left so I see some other gadgets get dressed in scraps of this old&ugly vest.

Please visit my blog http://curvyrefash.blogspot.ba/ for more projects!

Peace and love,
Dee




2 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

I love this!! It's genius :) Making something you need out of something you don't = my kind of creativity :)

Carissa said...

Nice use of the cushion-y quilted fabric to protect your new laptop! I'm not sure this would technically fit our definition of a refashion, as outline on our guidelines page, as it's not really a "wearable" item. But we'll say it's close enough to a purse to qualify. Please make sure your next project is a wearable item though. :)

-Carissa
EOD