Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, March 21, 2016

Miss Marple, the muse, and a refashion.

I enjoy the films and series featuring Agatha Christie's Miss Marple.

My favourite of them all is played by Geraldine McEwan and I love her wardrobe in the shows.

With this inspiration in mind I decided that this oversized waterfall cardigan would be perfect to refashion into a coatigan, similar to those Miss Marple wears.

 For details on how to cut out the shape have a look at my post here.

And then, I changed my mind, mainly because I didn't suit it, I think it was too much grey on me. So I chopped of the bottom, moved up the pockets and changed the buttons!! A granny look cardi, that's now a new favourite.


RePurposeFul said...

Genius. I seriously want to find one of those sweaters now and try this! I also love that look :) Thanks!

Joy C said...

Such a great project. What a difference those larger buttons make!

cfortin said...

Really great refashion. I love the color and the texture of the fabric too.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Marisa Glied said...

Looks great! Love the Miss Marble inspiration!


Linda Wilson said...

Thank you all very much. I'm wearing it right now. If I find another giant cardi I'll make another one too, it's a comfortable shape to wear.