Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

New Spring Dress Upcycled from a Vintage Sheet

I celebrated the early arrival of spring with a new dress I upcycled from a vintage sheet.  I always check out the sheets at the thrift stores because they yield the most fabric for the dollar.  This king size flat sheet by Ralph Lauren set me back $5.  

I used Christine Hayne's Emery pattern because the simple, vintage inspired silhouette highlights the floral pattern beautifully. 

The sheet had a huge repeat, so I had lay out the pattern carefully.  I made sure to center a bouquet on the front and back of the bodice and skirt.


jennifer elliott said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! I wish my local consignment stores had beautiful bed sheets. Jealous.

jenny_o said...

It's beautiful!

cfortin said...

Wow! Really lovely. I will have to take a closer look at the sheets next time I am at the thrift store.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

HoffiCoffi said...


Amy Jo said...

WOW! What a lovely dress!