I just want to take the time to thank all my lovely readers who took the time to suggest the way I should refashion this beloved dress. It is a great idea to throw a potential refashion out there for other more inspired and talented people to give feedback and ideas. I finally bit the bullet and finished the refashion. Here is the initial dress. A gorgeous yellow with black polka dot 80s number that stole my heart at first glance.
I removed the shoulder pads.
Removed those bulky sleeves.
Then taking another dress' sleeves as inspiration, I copied the cap sleeve shape onto the polka dot sleeves and cut the out, keeping the old sleeve's hem. Then I pinned them on, stitched the sleeves and zigzagged the raw edges. I turned over the remaining arm hole hem. And Ta da. The dress is finished. I think the small cap sleeves balance the bulk of the pockets on the bottom and yet are still in keeping with the style of the dress. I still need to iron it, but I was so excited to share my finished refashion. And I hate to iron, so I have to wait til I am in the mood and have a good movie to watch while I iron my pile of completed refashions all at once.
I love it so much now, I don't know why it took me so long to decide, but I dithered and dithered over this one. This finally took me only about 30 minutes to cut and attach the sleeves. I have included a handbag from my collection and my recently refashioned black flats to complete this outfit. Not sure what necklace I would wear with this dress as it is pretty loud and busy and in your face as it is. But I love it anyways. And for the final outfit reveal!!
Hope you like the final results. Let me know what you think. Cheers, Michele. Check out my blog Here.