Sunday, March 06, 2016

Polka Dots Are Back In Line!! A Simple But Long Awaited Dress Refashion! Vintagethrifter51

I just want to take the time to thank all my lovely readers who took the time to suggest the way I should refashion this beloved dress.  It is a great idea to throw a potential refashion out there for other more inspired and talented people to give feedback and ideas.  I finally bit the bullet and finished the refashion.  Here is the initial dress.  A gorgeous yellow with black polka dot 80s number that stole my heart at first glance.
imageI removed the shoulder pads.
image
Removed those bulky sleeves.
image
image
Then taking another dress' sleeves as inspiration, I copied the cap sleeve shape onto the polka dot sleeves and cut the out, keeping the old sleeve's hem.  Then I pinned them on, stitched the sleeves and zigzagged the raw edges.  I turned over the remaining arm hole hem.  And Ta da.  The dress is finished.  I think the small cap sleeves balance the bulk of the pockets on the bottom and yet are still in keeping with the style of the dress.  I still need to iron it, but I was so excited to share my finished refashion.  And I hate to iron, so I have to wait til I am in the mood and have a good movie to watch while I iron my pile of completed refashions all at once.
imageimage
imageimage
I love it so much now, I don't know why it took me so long to decide, but I dithered and dithered over this one.  This finally took me only about 30 minutes to cut and attach the sleeves.  I have included a handbag from my collection and my recently refashioned black flats to complete this outfit.  Not sure what necklace I would wear with this dress as it is pretty loud and busy and in your face as it is.  But I love it anyways.  And for the final outfit reveal!!
image
Hope you like the final results.  Let me know what you think.  Cheers, Michele. Check out my blog Here.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

Super cute! I looooooove polka dots!

-Carissa
EOD

Nina said...

Pretty! Sometimes just the smallest tweak changes everything

TheRefashStash said...

I just love this!!!

-TheRefashStash