Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

TBT: Birthday Shrug

3 years ago I made my very first shrug/kimono. For Throwback Thursday I thought I'd share it with you today #tbt.

Just your everyday scarf....

Fold scarf in half length-wise (and RST) and sew from outside corners to the inside, leaving a gap in the middle. The amount of space is based on your personal preference for fit.

I cut the tassels off of the long ends of the scarf and finished raw edge with a rolled hem.

Done. Boom.

4 seam kimono. Easiest project ever. (And, now, I'm missing my long hair... Will have to grow out again). :)

See my original post from three years ago right here.

Happy Refashioning!



Chickie Walsh said...


Andrea said...

Really cute! Love an easy one :)

Andrea EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Easy but super cute!