Tuesday, March 01, 2016

The Big Dolman Sleeve Shirt Made Smaller

Hello Refashion Co-op. I hope your days are filled with happy sewing projects. My project to day is this striped shirt. It was/is the softest shirt I have ever felt. It is supernaturally soft. It was also $4 on clearance. So, I brought it home even though it didn't fit at all. I figured I could fix it or wear it as a pajama shirt. I needed some more tops so I figured I would take a chance on it. 


Here it is spread out. It is an XL and it has loose Dolman sleeves that make it even baggier. My camera couldn't focus well on the tiny stripes, I apologize for the blur of the photos.


I cut it down in size but kept the cool sleeve shape. It was pretty easy except for the bobbin in my machine getting jammed up a few times. I think it would have been better to use something to stabilize the new seams. I didn't think of it until I was already done.


For more pictures and details go to, I Can Work With.
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

3 comments:

Rhonda Buss said...

Fun! I just recently purchased a great big black and white striped top that I plan to do the same thing with.

cfort82 said...

Nice save.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

I Can Work With That said...

Hello Ladies, thanks for the comments. I would love to see your shirt Rhonda.