NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

The Red Dress Became a Skirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. I used this cute red dress to make a skirt. I really liked the dress but it was WAY too tight through the top. 


It had a nice waist with a tie in the back. It also had some small stains on the side here that I couldn't get out. They are hard to see but they were quite visible in person.


I cut off the top, removing the stains and the tight portion of the dress. I used the tie in the back to make a new waistband. I attached it to the bottom of the dress to make a new skirt.


It goes perfectly with my new striped shirt. I love when refashions work together like this.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

3 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

That is really super cute.

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Jennifer! And stretchy too. I am a lover of anything stretchy.
Chickie

Carissa said...

Nice save! And perfect with the striped top!

-Carissa
EOD