NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Friday, March 11, 2016

The Ruffled Gray T

Hello Refashion Co-op. It is getting warmer and warmer. It's warm enough for a T-shirt. At least it is where I am. It is nice to see warm weather. That means all new refashion and sewing possibilities. 


I started with this BIG men's T-shirt. It was just a thin, plain, gray shirt. It needed some kind of change. 


I had already cut off the bottom pieces of this shirt for a past project that didn't work out. I removed the hem. I used the other two strips and attached them to the bottom as a ruffle.


I used elastic to gather up the sides and cut off the sleeves. The side gathers made it very flattering over my mommy tummy. I loved it. 


I also cut off the neck binding so it would match the raw edges of the sleeves and the bottom hem. The shirt is comfortable and looks a little dressier than a plain T. 


For more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


2 comments:

Alyssa Wesselmann said...

Love the finished shirt! So cute, I may have to do this with some of my shirts!

Andrea said...

Cute update to a plain gray t-shirt!

Andrea EOD