Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Update a Velour Track Suit

Hello Refashion Co-op. It's Chickie and I am still working on some exercise clothes. I am feeling really motivated to get outside. (How long will this last? I'm not sure.)


Someone passed this velour track suit on to me. It is soft and comfortable. It's perfect for exercising, but it's too big and it is really a lot of velour at one time isn't it? I took the jacket down a size. That was quick.


Then I cut the legs off the pants. I will use the legs later in a different project. 


I took the shorts in. They were really short now and the velour kept curling up a lot. This made them even shorter. Jogging shorts are always on the short side but this was too much.


I used some soft cotton bias tape that I had to control the curling velour and also add a bit of length. 


Finished. I went out walking in this and I "lounged" at home in it too. But I have 3 kids, a hubby and a dog. I don't think it was really lounging. But the outfit worked out great.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.



4 comments:

Pivot Point Patterns said...

Love the sassy shorts. It's just the right length on you.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Melissa! I like that word, "sassy"!

Anielskaaniela said...

perfect for summer, great inspiration :-)

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Anielska!