NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Using a kimono bargain to create a 70's blouse!

This was one of those bargain buys that had a good amount of fabric in it, ready for a refashion.


I wanted to use a vintage pattern that I have used once before, but I didn't quite have enough fabric in this kimono to fit in all the pieces?? So for a tutorial on how to make a full sleeve narrower, if you, like me, want to use a specific body shape, and are determined to make it all fit in to a limited fabric piece, have a look at my blog here


I love this piece of fabric, it really reminds me of the 70's!


And that collar shape, so of the time.

3 comments:

whatthesew said...

Love this re-make, the fabric is fabulous.

Linda Wilson said...

Thank you. It is very 70s.

Carissa said...

The fabric is just perfect for the style of blouse! Great job!

-Carissa
EOD