Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Little Black Dress From a Track Suit?

Hello Refashion Co-op. I finished my latest project after a long wait for elastic to be delivered from I was amazed at the selection available but the waiting isn't fun. But if you live in a small town with limited shopping, it's worth it. It started with this velour track suit. 

The pants from this set were big and I cut them down to a pair of shorts. The leftover legs were the beginning of a new dress. I used the two legs to make one big tube. The bottom hem of the legs became the bottom of the dress.

I used some striped elastic as trim and straps. It is stretchy like this velour and it will wash well. 

The stretch in the material made this easier to fit. I think this will be great to wear this summer when it's hot. It's perfect for the pool or beach.

For more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.
Happy sewing to you!


Marisa Glied said...

Oh wow! You had a great vision to see a dreas in the track suit! Awesome!


Lovenicky said...

A great transformation! Just perfect for a sunny warm day!

Carissa said...

Marvelous transformation! It'll be a great swimsuit cover-up this summer!


Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks ladies. I hate to throw away fabric. There has to be something I can do with it. I appreciate the comments.