Saturday, April 09, 2016

Be Owlsome

WP_20160405_17_43_52_Pro_LIOwlsome
I found some great owl fabric at Joann Fabric and they are pretty much my favorite little creatures, so a half yard of it came home with me.  I ironed some fusible adhesive to the back of the fabric, cut and out the shape and ironed it onto a boring sweatshirt.  I took 4 minutes to sew around the edges of the owl and all of a sudden I had a fun sweatshirt.  (And I have 14 more little owls ready to iron on/ sew onto something.)

My next project took a sweatshirt that I love to wear to bed and added some funky circles down one side.  I found a baggie of fabric circles at my mom's shop and asked to take them home with me.  I think someone had started a project with circles, but abandoned the idea and donated the stack of polyester circles instead.  I love the crazy color and pattern combo, and it turns my cozy sweatshirt into something a little more fun.

WP_20160405_17_44_59_Pro_LI
Thanks for looking and happy sewing!
Love,
Amy Jo at The Little Moments

2 comments:

TheRefashStash said...

Very 'Owlsome' Love it!

-TheRefashStash

Carissa said...

What an adorable way to liven up a boring sweatshirt! Very cute!

-Carissa
EOD