NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Be Owlsome

WP_20160405_17_43_52_Pro_LIOwlsome
I found some great owl fabric at Joann Fabric and they are pretty much my favorite little creatures, so a half yard of it came home with me.  I ironed some fusible adhesive to the back of the fabric, cut and out the shape and ironed it onto a boring sweatshirt.  I took 4 minutes to sew around the edges of the owl and all of a sudden I had a fun sweatshirt.  (And I have 14 more little owls ready to iron on/ sew onto something.)

My next project took a sweatshirt that I love to wear to bed and added some funky circles down one side.  I found a baggie of fabric circles at my mom's shop and asked to take them home with me.  I think someone had started a project with circles, but abandoned the idea and donated the stack of polyester circles instead.  I love the crazy color and pattern combo, and it turns my cozy sweatshirt into something a little more fun.

WP_20160405_17_44_59_Pro_LI
Thanks for looking and happy sewing!
Love,
Amy Jo at The Little Moments

2 comments:

Marisa Glied said...

Very 'Owlsome' Love it!

-TheRefashStash

Carissa said...

What an adorable way to liven up a boring sweatshirt! Very cute!

-Carissa
EOD