NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Clubbing in your 30's

Over the weekend, for the first time in many months, my book club convened!  It was a very busy fall and winter and we went on an extended hiatus, which I am sure we will do our best NOT to repeat.  It can be difficult to bring 11 hard working women/moms/wives together sometimes.


A number of my fellow book club ladies have been so kind to express their appreciation of this blog, so I DEFINITELY had to throw a refashion together to wear to our meeting.
I went with this fuchsia linen/rayon number:
Pink tank - befores
I obtained this size-18 tank dress from the Salvation Army for $0.69! Every Saturday and Sunday anything with the tag color of the week is only 69 measly cents! Unfortunately, by the weekend there is not a lot left, but if you aren't too discerning about size, you can still find some gems!
The first step was to throw it over The Body and pin it up:
Pink tank - pinned on body
Getting this off of The Body was tough. I definitely lost a number of pins in the process. Luckily, they left little pin holes, so it was pretty easy to replace them before sewing.
Speaking of which:
Pink tank - sewing side
I still needed to take in the darts a bit, to prevent some bagginess in the chest area.
I decided to wing it:
Pink tank - sewing dart
It went okay, I would have taken in more, if I didn't need to still pull it over my head.
Next up, the hem. I did a rough estimate of the amount to remove when I tried it on, so I measured and chopped a similar number of inches.
Pink tank - cutting length
Then I pinned it with an inch-ish hem...I'm so precise. :) I am sure you actual seamstresses can't even handle my loose attitude towards measurement. 
Pink tank - pinned hem
I sewed up the hem and that was it!  I was ready for book club!
Paired with my bow belt and Gucci jellies, it was a great ensemble for a warm spring day!
Pink tank - afters
It was so nice to see all the ladies again and I am looking forward to a shorter break between meetings this time around.
Final comparison:
Pink tank - final comparison
See the extended version, and my uncertainty over what to do with the side zipper, on my blog: www.hemsandhahas.com

6 comments:

KD said...

Unbelievable! What a transformation! You are so clever, and you look so chic!

Claire Cooper said...

Very cute and a great colour too.

jennifer elliott said...

Love it! A fantastic find for 69 cents.

Andrea said...

Such a cute dress, and the price!!! Love how this turned out. Thanks for posting!

Andrea EOD

RePurposeFul said...

Holy Moly, I just love this!! Very inspiring :) It looks so fabulous on you.... but, I have to say I really liked the socks in the first picture... hahaha

Jessica Richey said...

Thanks so much everyone! Those are statement socks. ;)