NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Deep Purple


I bought this deep purple cardigan with multiple flounces and frills, from my local charity shop for just £1.

I liked the colour, I liked the price, and I liked the fact that it didn't look worn at all.  There was just a bit too much frilly stuff.

I de-frilled the cuffs, a pretty straightforward exercise.




I decided to close the opening and convert it into a jumper by making a fake button border from denim and ribbon.




More pictures and info here



2 comments:

Andrea said...

Really flattering! I love the after, and agree that it needed a bit of de-frilling ;) And the color is pretty. Good save!

Andrea EOD

RePurposeFul said...

Nice job! You give very good points on why you bought it - great things to keep in mind, thanks! A huge improvement!!