NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Friday, April 15, 2016

Disappointment Turns Sweet!

Happy Spring Day Everyone, it finally feels rejuvenating!

On that note, I am feeling quite excited about my latest Refashion Project... and once again wishing I had made it to fit me... (sigh) 

I started with thrifted pieces, as usual... A tank, pillowcase and T-shirt...  Said goodbye to the ruffle on the bottom of the tank, and cut the pillowcase and T-shirt into matching wedges.




 I didn't like the way the wide section of beige looked, so I took the leftover pieces of the pillowcase, and put them in the middle... much nicer :)





 Next it was time to sew all those panels together... Now it's looking like a skirt :)


 Okely Dokely... now I get to attach the top...


 So excited to put it on the dress form and see how it looks!!!   Aaauuuggghhhhh, it looks awful!  --- so dumpy and shapeless!  OK, time to walk away... take a day or two to consider what to do... does anybody else do this??



My self-imposed ban from my workroom worked!  Sleeping on it, and considering what to do next, I came up with what I thought would really help this frumpy frock...

I cut the neckline down the center about 5"... Made little plackets out of leftover scraps to cover each side, sewed buttonholes on each, and used matching satin ribbon for a tie.






 I then used the ruffle I cut off the tank earlier to make tie backs on each side of the waist, and Voila!  Now, I'm happy with my newest ReFashion :)



4 comments:

Marisa Glied said...

Good idea to take a break!! It totally worked! The end result is beautiful!!

-TheRefashStash

g.satansbraten said...

Yep, muuuch better outcome.
The 'drop-waist' wouldn't have been a bad idea either, YET hiding the dividing seam with a contrasting belt didn't work - mho. This despite this usually being the best attempt to tie together a material mix - something was missing.
The current tie/belt even at the front/ side might shift a few proportion even towards 'new views' ?

LG, Gerlinde
sending over a cup of tea (helpful 'thinking-aid' as well ;-) !), since 'a mug of sleep' is currently something I'd rather order from an on-line-sale myself IF it would be possible.
Somebody in and good with an business-idea the like, since I can hear a choir of others surely joining in to my request - at least some times :-D ?!

Lovenicky said...

What a lovely rework! I do that sometimes too when I just couldn't think straight - a good night sleep tends to help me solve problems the next day too.

Carissa said...

My projects go into "time-out" all the time to give them a chance to think about what they've done. I'm glad you came back to this one. I love the addition of the lace-up plackets!

-Carissa
EOD