Friday, April 01, 2016

From Bad Fitting Sweatshirt to Fun Jacket!

I've had this sweatshirt for over a year, and literally have never worn it...   Unfortunately, I didn't try it on in the store -- I mean, it's a sweatshirt, right???  Wrong :(   When I did put it on, I realized there was a reason it was on clearance at the back of the store --  The waist band was absurdly tight!  Un-wearably tight... 


After sitting in my closet for months, my first attempt to "fix" it was to cut off the waist band, and attach some brown eyelet trim...


Not horrible, but just didn't do it for me... Soooo, I had to face my most 
dreaded part of sewing --- 

Phew!  When that was finally done, I decided to just cut the sweatshirt up the middle, and make some double fold trim to edge it with...


Now I am a serious pocket lover, so I figured as long as I had some fabric left over from the edging, I'd make a couple of patch pockets.... now I can wear my "jacket" all Spring! :)





1 comment:

Carissa said...

Nice save! I've got an old sweatshirt that could probably use a little revamping too. Now you've got me thinking.

-Carissa
EOD