Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, April 15, 2016

My thrifted 80s suit refashion + how to replace a trouser zip

I’d been on the hunt for a funky retro suit for a while so when I saw this checkered beauty in an online vintage shop I just had to snap it up:

Whoa! Those shoulder pads are insane, the fit of the jacket is, erm, questionable and the trousers were in need of a new zipper, whew!

An awesome result! Head on over here and take a peek at the tute behind my thrifted 80s suit refashion + how to replace a trouser zip.


Accidental Seamstress said...

I love the shorter cap-ish sleeve on the after. Very nice!

g.satansbraten said...

;-) and giggle an entire page length:

I'd go for both: suit AND contents (despite the fact that you've 'stolen' my pink socks ?) :-D !!!

LG, Gerlinde

Carissa said...

It's amazing what a big change a little sleeve shortening can make!