Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Patch Job

Hey there!

So... This is honestly the only thing I've done in weeks. I've been avoiding sewing. There, I said it. Having to run back and forth between 2 rooms to do anything has really sucked the joy out of this hobby.
I'm excited to say that I have a NEW job (same place as before, but in a different department) and they need me to work in-office, not at home. SO, I'm going to (politely) beg my husband to help me put my sewing space back together the way it was before <3 I can feel myself getting creative again already.

So in the meantime, here's the sad little project I managed to work on two weeks ago. I'll be back to my former glory in no time!

I have a major obsession with open-front cardigans. This little one developed a hole, and even though I only use it at home typically, there's no reason for me to wander around in things with holes. So I cut out this little group of flowers from an old shirt my BFF sent me. It's MUCH bigger than the hole but I wanted it to looks like a design element, not a patch!

The hole being covered. Much classier!

A lot of you might recognize these designs from that dress-to-tank top refashion I did a while ago. This cardi had a grease stain on the sleeve that a) was super obvious and b) would not come out. It's under the top patch, but again I added an extra patch to make it look a little more intentional

Note to self: When sewing around that many corners and tiny edges, make it easier by fusing it on with some iron-on webbing or something first. This took way more cussing than I want to admit. 

Now I can get my office back together and get on with my sewing life!


1 comment:

cfortin said...

Love the patchwork. Good luck putting your office back together.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab