NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Poncho Problems

Hello Refashion-ers. I am still waiting for warm Spring weather where I live so I wore this poncho to stay warm. It had this turtleneck that was uncomfortable to wear. It was too bulky and I didn't like how it felt. 


I cut up the middle to open it up and make it like a... mini cape? I can't think of a better way to describe it.


It looks a bit uneven in this pic but I promise it is even and it is more comfortable now. It was a quick fix. If it had unraveled, I was going to remove it completely.


Thanks for reading and happy sewing to you!

10 comments:

john Brent said...

I love your woollen top...
stoles manufacturers in uk | scarves manufacturers in uk | designer scarves | fashion scarves for women

Amy Jo said...

I hate turtlenecks too. Good solution!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Ladies. I appreciate the comments. :)

Heidi said...

I really like that. Inspiring!

Marisa Glied said...

Oh wow! Great fix!

-TheRefashStash

g.satansbraten said...

Hmm, I have a tendency to look veeeery 'on the wrong spot' with my little head with wide collars like this.
Additional I feel a little bit too trapped (to ONE/the cold season only) with turtlenecks, I tend to open or remove them as well. To 'open' them at their side-seam is sometimes already doing a lot for me and/or for 'both of our instantly improving looks': mine as well as the garments ;-) !
Optional - if possible: keep turtle-neck separate to be worn, when possible/necessary.
Iiiiiyes, I'm a 'slave-driver' and try to push for max./multiple use at least concerning non wingeing clothing !

LG, Gerlinde

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks for the comments ladies. I appreciate it so much. I like your ideas Gerlinde. Multipurpose is awesome for clothes. Happy sewing everyone.

Lovenicky said...

What a simple way to transform an uncomfortable garment to a very wearable and useful garment! Bravo!

Carissa said...

What a nice, easy save! And if it does start to unravel, perhaps a little decorative ribbon as a binding?

-Carissa
EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks for all the comments. I love it. It is nice to have a place where others are as into sewing and such. No unraveling yet. So far, so good.