Sunday, April 24, 2016

Refashion of mens shirt

Following me finding a  really nice mens shirt for just $1.00 in the Vinnies bargain rack, I decided to join the many women upcycling shirts. Firstly I tried making a skirt with some left over lave as a top but did not like the look at all. So after a bit of brainstorming I made a little top out of the material and embellished it with part of a doily. It is ok, not sure if it is worth the amount of time spent making it..............

Before




After



After



4 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

I think it is adorable! I love the buttons in the back, and that you used a doily - it really added a sweet touch! Great ideas!

Carissa said...

I think it's lovely! The lace details are just perfect. Sometimes, my refashions have to go through a few iterations before I get something I'm happy with. I consider the time spent as simply gaining more "experience." :)

-Carissa
EOD

TheRefashStash said...

Adorable! Love the buttons in the back!

-TheRefashStash

Therese said...

Thanks for the nice comments! This always helps to come up with fresh ideas and to keep re-inventing clothes.