NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Shapeless Sweater to Fitted Sweater

I've had this sweater for well over a decade, and it was old then - my host family in Australia gave it to me because they were giving it away. I liked the color and the fact that it was 100% Australian wool, but it was shapeless.
I realized the knitted band at the hip would make a good waistband. First I took it in under the arms and the upper part of the sides.  Then I cut off the bottom band, cut the sweater across the middle, and sewed the band in.  I finished off the bottom edge with a piece of velvet-like fabric. At first I made a ruffle but that looked awful so I just did some bias strips and added some to the edge of the collar to tie it together. 

7 comments:

jenny_o said...

Wow - what a great idea! Looks so different now!

jennifer elliott said...

That looks amazing! I love it!

Catherine1216 said...

So much better.

Kellya Clanzig said...

It's real beautiful! The transformation is amazing!

Carissa said...

Not shapeless anymore! It's very flattering now, and I love the little hints of velvet. Fabulous!

-Carissa
EOD

Sandy said...

This is a brilliant solution! I must remember this.
And I hadn't even seen the collar in the first photo, so the velvet trim there works really well.

RePurposeFul said...

Very impressed with your solution... I just may "borrow" that idea some time... :))) It is adorable now! Thanks!