Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Sweater to Pillow Refash

This is a pretty easy yet functional refash!
I recently picked up a sweater at my local thrift store during the .50 cent sale.
I have been hanging onto a purple pillow for the last 5 years, waiting to recover it.
Before: just a sweater and a pillow.
DSCN0384I cut the sweater across just under the sleeves.
DSCN0385Then I ended up with this square of fabric. To cut down on sewing I kept the original sode seems of the sweater.
DSCN0387Pinned and sewed the top and the bottom but leaving a hole at the bottom for the stuffing.
DSCN0388See: hole for stuffing.
DSCN0389Stuff, stuff, stuff!
Then I hand stitched the hole.
DSCN0397My new pillow!
DSCN0398Our wonderful friend, Karl, modeling my new pillow for me! Thanks Karl :)
Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog:


g.satansbraten said...

;-) :-D :-D - very hard decision if I'd to choose what to buy: cushion or Karl; what a gorgeous happy face!
(Ahem: both of them ;-) !!!)

LG, Gerlinde

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you! And I agree Karl is quite handsome :)

Carissa said...

Lovely re-purpose, and I'm sure you could find a secondhand sweater to match any decor!


Chickie Walsh said...

I love it, It looks great.

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you! :)

Marisa Glied said...

Thank you! You are so right! You probably could find one with a cool design too! Good thinking! Off to the store I go now!