Saturday, April 30, 2016

Sweater to Pillow Refash

This is a pretty easy yet functional refash!
I recently picked up a sweater at my local thrift store during the .50 cent sale.
I have been hanging onto a purple pillow for the last 5 years, waiting to recover it.
Before: just a sweater and a pillow.
DSCN0384I cut the sweater across just under the sleeves.
DSCN0385Then I ended up with this square of fabric. To cut down on sewing I kept the original sode seems of the sweater.
DSCN0387Pinned and sewed the top and the bottom but leaving a hole at the bottom for the stuffing.
DSCN0388See: hole for stuffing.
DSCN0389Stuff, stuff, stuff!
Then I hand stitched the hole.
DSCN0397My new pillow!
DSCN0398Our wonderful friend, Karl, modeling my new pillow for me! Thanks Karl :)
Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

6 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

;-) :-D :-D - very hard decision if I'd to choose what to buy: cushion or Karl; what a gorgeous happy face!
(Ahem: both of them ;-) !!!)

LG, Gerlinde

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you! And I agree Karl is quite handsome :)

Carissa said...

Lovely re-purpose, and I'm sure you could find a secondhand sweater to match any decor!

-Carissa
EOD

I Can Work With That said...

I love it, It looks great.

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you! :)

TheRefashStash said...

Thank you! You are so right! You probably could find one with a cool design too! Good thinking! Off to the store I go now!