Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Blue Suede For Days Part 2

Hello Refashion Co-op. This top wasn't that complicated but it has taken me a long time to decide what to do with it. As you can see it is the top half of a big faux suede outfit. This is a lot of blue suede. Even Elvis would have trouble pulling this off. It was too big but it has no stretch at all so I couldn't just make it smaller, I wouldn't be able to take it on and off. It also has a satin detail down the front that I didn't want to cut up. So it sat and waited for a long time. 


I wanted to make it open in the back and though an open back would be a nice solution, but I didn't want to show any skin. (I'm shy like that.) I did one big button at the top and some hidden snaps down the back. It opens up at the bottom.


This improved the fit a lot. It has a nice drape to it now. 


Thanks for reading, if you want more details go to I Can Work With That

2 comments:

whatthesew said...

Looks good, the right idea came along in the end.

jennifer elliott said...

Good job! I agree -- I would have tried to save the shiny stripe down the middle too.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD