NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Blue Suede For Days Part 2

Hello Refashion Co-op. This top wasn't that complicated but it has taken me a long time to decide what to do with it. As you can see it is the top half of a big faux suede outfit. This is a lot of blue suede. Even Elvis would have trouble pulling this off. It was too big but it has no stretch at all so I couldn't just make it smaller, I wouldn't be able to take it on and off. It also has a satin detail down the front that I didn't want to cut up. So it sat and waited for a long time. 


I wanted to make it open in the back and though an open back would be a nice solution, but I didn't want to show any skin. (I'm shy like that.) I did one big button at the top and some hidden snaps down the back. It opens up at the bottom.


This improved the fit a lot. It has a nice drape to it now. 


Thanks for reading, if you want more details go to I Can Work With That

2 comments:

whatthesew said...

Looks good, the right idea came along in the end.

jennifer elliott said...

Good job! I agree -- I would have tried to save the shiny stripe down the middle too.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD