Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, May 06, 2016

Button-Down Six; The Linen One

Hello Refashion Co-op. This is my last button-down refashion for a while. I had fun with them, but I got to the end of my button-down stash. This shirt was a very heavy linen. It felt too heavy to be a shirt. It almost felt like a jacket.

I wanted to make a pair of shorts. My inspiration was this video. I cut off the shoulders and the arms. I used the arms to add on to the fabric from the body. I needed a wider piece of fabric.


I folded the fabric over and made a shorts shape. Then I stitched them together and added an elastic waist.

I love the loose fit, they are so comfortable. 

If you want more details and pictures go to, I Can Work With That.
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


Heidi said...

Really inspirational. I like how that resulted!!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Heidi!!

Carissa said...

Super cute! They look like they'll be cool and comfy for summer. I have a linen shirt in my refash stash that I'm thinking might find themselves converted to shorts soon too. Thanks for the inspiration!


Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Carissa!

Gema Ensenat said...

Love these shorts, look great on you too!!