Sunday, May 01, 2016

Heat n Bond Appliqué Refash

This is my 1st attempt at using Heat n Bond to make my own appliqués. Let me tell you I will definitely repeat it! I have unlocked a whole new world of refashioning!
DSCN0357For my 1st trick I started with this sweatshirt that I got from my roomie and some fabric I got in the reminant section at Hobby Lobby.
DSCN0366I ironed on the heat and bond to the wrong side of the fabric with the paper side up.
Now don't do what I did...make sure the heat n bond lines up with the fabric and not over the sides because then you'll end up with this boo-boo...
DSCN0368Oops!
DSCN0369Now after the fabric has cooled it's time to draw on the design of your appliqué.
DSCN0373I chose hearts for this project.
DSCN0374DSCN0380To adhere your applique to your project, peel off the papwr backing and iron for a few seconds until the applique is attached.
I repeated the process 2 more times:DSCN0358Bicycle print, love it!
DSCN0371Circles!
DSCN0376 DSCN0381Ironing!

My 3rd project I made for my roomie:DSCN0359She LOVES sugar skulls!!!
DSCN0367
DSCN0372Diamonds!
DSCN0375
DSCN0379
DSCN0378 
DSCN0401Besties in our awesome new shirts!!!
DSCN0417
My new bicycle shirt!

Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

2 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Yes - I'm totally with you about the ease for more creativity; YET: I rather tend to secure them afterwards with stitchings, since even 'warmer' washing can at times do the 'off-trick' as well as the ironing does the 'on-trick'

LG, Gerlinde
in worry-ward-motion - sorry

Carissa said...

Very cute! I especially like the bicycle one!

-Carissa
EOD