Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Kentucky Derby Dress Refash

DSCN0248This reminds me of a 1940's waitress uniform.
DSCN0324Demoved these silly little shoulder pads.
DSCN0325I placed a pin to show where I wanted my high-low dress to end.
DSCN0436I removed the white ruffle from the sleeves. (In my opinion it was too much).
DSCN0442Sewed a new rolled hem!
DSCN0444New sleeves!
DSCN0446Stitched up this hole that was in the waistline when I bought it.
DSCN0437Every Kentucky Derby dress deserves a hat, of course!
DSCN0447Removed the maroon ribbon.
DSCN0449Pretty fancy huh!?
I added white lilies, purple flowers, white floral ribbon, purple ribbon and stick-on gems.
I am proud to say my hat as as well as all the other additions I purchased at the $1 store!
DSCN0453The back!
DSCN0454The front! 
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog at:


Nina said...

sew cute!

jennifer elliott said...

Very cute! Love the hat!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD