NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Miss Lemon inspired blouse and a neat little method of binding


                                                              Before and after

I have been storing away coveted images of Miss Lemon, of Agatha Christie's Poirot fame, for a while now,
and recently I realised I had collected all the pieces I needed to make a blouse using my favourite of these images for inspiration.


One favourite image, one old unworn top with lacy collar, one sale maxi skirt, and a lot of old buttons.



I attached the neck binding in the same way as the manufactured blouse that I had just unpicked it from, it made a nice neat finish and I will definitely use this method of attaching binding again. For the full how to story for this blouse, have a look at my blog here. 

6 comments:

Chickie Walsh said...

This is a great blouse and I love your inspiration too.

Andrea said...

I love Miss Lemon!!! I just recently rewatched all of the Hercule Poirot seasons and am amazed at how much the actors they chose influence my vision of the characters when I reread the books :) This will always be my Miss Lemon! And great blouse! I love the choice of the crochet collar with the polka dot print.

Andrea EOD

Joy C said...

Wonderful job! Love the polkadot fabric 😃

Anielska Aniela said...

This refashion is wonderful
I like Miss Lemon as well ;-)

Therese said...

I do not know Miss Lemon but I do know that your blouse is adorable!

Linda Wilson said...

Thank you ladies. I love the clothing from this era and how the designers for these shows interpret them