Friday, May 27, 2016

Paganoonoo: repairing worn out inner thigh on jeans

At Goodwill recently I found a perfectly fitting pair of NYDJ skinny jeans except for two problems:
Worn out inner thighs, really worn out
Worn out back heel area

I decided it was worth a chance to spend the time to fix them and see how it turned out. 

I used parts of a collared dress shirt.
This is a yoke from the back of the shirt


And I used a bit of the placket and adjacent fabric.

I'm pleased with the results.  The inner thigh patching doesn't show when I am wearing the jeans.  There are more details here.


Happy Upcycling!  
Michelle






7 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Yep, but mending patches in this area feel very uncomfy (mho) since they attract focus.
I tend to add artificial ones down the legs and the bottom with same 'patch-work' then, to aid my 'self esteem'
Even the inside patches added somewhere outside will 'tie' the job a bit better into 'new/different fashion' instead of 'rescue-job' only - mho.

LG, Gerlinde
Iiiijaaa, even ever cheeky me is not always 'un-rock-able' :-o + ;-) !)

Michelle Paganini said...

These are actually quite comfortable and they don't show unless I bend way over. I'd love to see a version of what you are doing.

Andrea said...

Way to extend the life of those jeans! My husband gets a lot of wear in this area as he cycles and even just biking around town he'll wear his jeans. I've done a few patch jobs there and he's eeked out several more wears before they start falling apart everywhere! Make do and mend :)

Andrea EOD

I Can Work With That said...

Nice fix. The patches look soft and not too bulky. Great idea! Thanks.

Michelle Paganini said...

Thank you! The color match between the patches and the pants look much closer in person.

Jean said...

I patch "mend" jeans all the time. Usually I mend them from the inside.... and use a similar thread stitching in the same direction as the grain of the fabric. most of the time the patch doesn't even show. I use (like you) fabric from old recycled jeans. More wear time works out just great!

Michelle Paganini said...

Clever sitching with the grain!